Re-Opening of Hiawatha Suites Senior Living!
Hello Friends and Family. We are pleased to announce that Hiawatha Suites will re-open its doors to loved ones, beginning Monday, March 15th 2021! This opening is able to take place due to the decline in Covid cases in Hennepin county. While the majority of staff and residents have now been fully vaccinated, it’s important we still remain vigilant in maintain safety protocol. The Covid 19 policy /guidelines will remain in place. We are approaching one full year of being Covid free! It’s a proud time and we are excited to welcome you back. Residents who have been fully vaccinated are also allowed to go out of the building with family! Please ensure they are wearing mask and following safety guidelines while out in public. Please note the following;
- There will be a limit of 10 visitors in the building at any given time and that includes hospice/home care.
- Masks and social distancing required.
- Guests are allowed to visit in the resident’s apartment only. We ask that you do not visit in common areas (unless its outside on the patio).
- Limit of 2 guests per resident
- Please call 24 hours in advance to let us know when you plan to visit, so we can keep track of who is in the building.
- Temperature and screening process are required for all visitors
- Visiting hours would not exceed past 8pm. Also, if resident has gone out of the building, we ask they return prior to 8pm.
- If there is ever a Covid outbreak, all visits would cease until the cases have resolved.
- If your loved one (the resident) has not been vaccinated, the previous protocol would remain. Meaning you would need to apply to be an essential caregiver and go through infection control process, prior to visiting.
- A fully vaccinated Resident (this means the Resident is at least 14 days past the second dose of the vaccine) can leave the community without having to quarantine upon return. They can go out to lunch, join you at your home, go shopping, or whatever they would like! They must still wear a mask, just like the rest of us, but they can go!
- As long as visitors and residents are wearing masks, a fully vaccinated Resident can hug, touch and sit next to their visitor. So, come on in and get your hugs!!
- A new resident moving to Hiawatha Suites, who has been fully vaccinated, does not need to quarantine for 14 days upon move in.
Again, we are happy to have you visit with your loved ones, as there is nothing more therapeutic than quality time spent family and friends. Please contact me if you have any question.
See you soon!